How long is the internship?
Your internship will usually last six months, and will depend on your availability and the requirements of the team you will join. This will be specified in the call for applications.
Work hours and payment
You will be expected to work 20 hours per week e.g. you will need to be in the office for 4 hours each work day, Monday to Friday. You may agree with your line manager flexible working hours. We provide a monthly allowance which is calculated pro rata on the basis of Bulgaria’s official minimum wage for full-time employment.
Are you eligible?
We are looking for dynamic and curious individuals with an interest in the work we do and excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
To be eligible you must be:
- above 18 years of age
- a student in your penultimate or final year in a degree discipline specified in the call for applications (alternatively, you may be a recent graduate within 12 months from the end of your final year of study in such a discipline)
- legally entitled to work in the EU
- fluent in written and spoken Bulgarian – C2 level
- fluent in written and spoken English – B2 level or higher
- able to present a clean criminal records check certificate, as required by our Child Protection Policy.
Equal opportunities and diversity
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.