Contracts Finance Officer, EU
This is a finance role to provide financial and accounting support to the project and contract teams within EU Region during the entire project/contract life cycle from the inception to closing the phase. The post holder will support the Regional Contracts Finance Manager in the provision of consistent financial management of donor funding and other commercial contracts.
|Salary||Starting salary is 2100 BGN gross per month, depending on qualifications and skills.|
|Duration||Fixed-term 12 months with option to extend|
|Closing date||13 януари 2019, неделя|
The required tasks include contract related bookkeeping, income reconciliation, invoicing process, financial reporting, ERP technical support in the process of planning and forecasting, as well as financial and accounting support as required.
Finance function overview
The Finance function is structured along functional lines with the aim of embedding the ‘three lines of defence’ model at its heart, clearly separating the financial control (first line) and risk and assurance (second line) functions, ensuring the integrity of our results and the strength of our controls. This will allow the organisation to focus more easily on business decision making, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting on the basis of accurate monthly results. The Finance function works in a matrix environment with Business and programme leads and Country Directors being key stakeholders, whilst reporting lines are within the finance function.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties
Proposals review and contracts management support
- Support the Regional Contracts Finance Manager and Country teams in the preparation and review of contract pricing models (CPM) and bids where required.
Planning, forecasting and reporting
- Support the Regional Contracts Finance Manager in the completion of financial plans and forecasts for the contract portfolio.
- Ensure that financial plans for assigned contracts are accurately entered on SAP according to the planning and forecasting timetable
- Help in the adaption and incorporation of the available management information on the pipeline and portfolio of contracts.
- Tracking of actual monthly performance; variance analysis, investigations and discussing/ implementing corrective interventions with country teams and business delivery manager.
Financial management and accounting
- Support the completion of all financial tasks required for the financial month end process for projects/contracts, being accountable to the Regional Contracts Finance Manager, EU for the preclosing and month end closing steps for projects/contracts, including preparation of journals, reconciliations, budget vs actual tasks, etc.
- Assist with manual journals and off-system payment requests for projects/contracts ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed according to corporate standards.
- Produce periodic reports relating to financial accounting for the operation as requested by the Regional Contracts Finance Manager, EU.
- Assist in the implementation of audit recommendations under the supervision of the Regional Contracts Finance Manager, EU
- Provide financial management tasks directly for individual contracts/projects in accordance to the role specified in the project design.
More information about the requirements and the job you can find in the Role profile.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online via the British Council Jobs Portal. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
The closing date for applications is 13 January 2019, 23:59 GMT. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews, which will be held in mid-January 2019. Applicants must have a pre-existing right to work in the EU.
Start date: as soon as possible
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.