Each year we invite you to join us at the European Day of Languages. You will have fun, win prizes and learn your favourite words in many languages.
Bring your kids, family and friends
Let them see the world of opportunities which language learning opens. You can take part in interactive language games with puzzels and drawings, crossword puzzles, blitz quizzes, open lessons and speakdating − language sessions in 10 languages.
There will be stands in 23 languages, where you will learn interesting facts about European languages and upcoming cultural events. You will have the opportunity to speak to representatives from various cultural centres on a variety of topics − music, nature, culture, cultrual heritage and the best opportunities for language learning. At the stand of the Institute for Bulgarian Language at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, you can joint the "Written words remain. Write correctly!"
At the British Council stand you will find:
- free fun mini English lesssons for children aged 5 to 11, during the event;
- a quiz in English for teens and adults with great prizes − free English courses at our Sofia Teaching centre.
The event is an initiative of the network of European Union National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC) and the European Commission. It is organised in partnership with embassies and cultural institutes of many countries:
- British Council
- Czech Centre
- Instituto Cervantes
- EC Directorate
- French Institute
- Goethe Institute
- Human Resource Development Centre
- Hungarian Cultural Institute
- Italian Cultural Institute
- Polish Institute
- Embassy of Austria
- Embassy of Finland
- Institute for Bulgarian Language
- Embassy of the Slovak Republic
- Embassy of Sweden
- Embassy of Romania
- Foundation "Listen Up"
- Camoes Institute, Portugal at the Embassy of Portugal
- Cultural and Information Center of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Embassy of Georgia
- Embassy of Norway
- Embassy of Denmark
- Embassy of Croatia
- Russian Informational and Cultural Centre
- The Center of the Azerbaijani Language and Culture at Sofia University
- State Cultural Institute to the Minister of Foreign Affairs