Registering for a course at the British Council is easy
If you or your child are a continuing student, please contact us to register for the next course.
If you are registering for the first time or finished your last course with us more than six months ago, please follow these steps:
Explore our unrivalled range of English courses.
Book a free level test on a date and time of your choice.
Tests for Early Years students (4-6 years)
If your child is between 4 and 6 years old, there is no need for a level test. You can book their place on one of our Early Years courses by filling in a registration form at our Customer Service Centre during registrion periods.
Tests for Primary students (6-12 years)
Primary aged students (between 6 and 12 years old) will need to take both the level test and the speaking part at our office.
Tests for Secondary students (13-17 years) and adults (18+ years)
If you are registering for an adult course, or for one of our courses for Secondary students, you will need to do an Online Placement Test before attending a speaking interview in person. In the booking confirmation email, you will find a link to your Online Placement Test.
Visit us on the date that you have booked.
- You will need to have completed the Online placement test at least 24 hours before the time that you have reserved for your speaking interview.
- All students will speak to a teacher who can advise on an appropriate level of study.
Choose the best course for you.
- At the end of the level test you will find out your or your child's English language level.
- We will then help you choose the most suitable course so you can register and discuss payment options (cash, credit card or bank transfer).
- If the course is fully booked, your name will be put on a waiting list. Should a place become available you will be contacted by us.
- Please note that we need a parent's mobile number and e-mail address before young people under the age of 18 can be registered on our courses.