In 2020, for the first time, the European Day of Languages will be celebrated in Bulgaria online. Join us wherever you are!
Cultural institutes and embassies will once again celebrate the European Day of Languages together with a series of interactive and fun online events, which will be held from 30 September to 2 October.
We invite you to join us online from your home, school, library or school by taking part in our online game and in virtual meetings with representatives from 19 different countries! Participation is free, but you need to register in advance.
The British Council takes part in the virtual meetings programme with the online lesson for adults (levels A2 - B1) 'Flying classroom: Demystifying the Myths and Practices of 21st-century ELT for Learners of English'. The lesson will be delivered by our senior teacher Bozhidar Zlatkov and will be held on 30 September at 19:00.
Don't miss your chance to win great prizes, including a tablet and bookstore vouchers, by taking part in the 'Discover the Translation!' online game (available in Bulgarian only).
The event is an initiative of the network of European Union National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC) and the European Commission. It is organised in partnership with embassies and cultural institutes of many countries:
- British Council
- Czech Centre
- Instituto Cervantes
- European Commission Directorate-General for Translation
- French Institute
- Goethe Institute
- Hungarian Cultural Institute
- Italian Cultural Institute
- Polish Institute
- Embassy of Austria
- Embassy of Finland
- Institute for Bulgarian Language
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Embassy of the Slovak Republic
- Embassy of Sweden
- Embassy of Romania
- Camoes Institute, Portugal at the Embassy of Portugal
- Cultural and Information Center of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Embassy of Norway
- Embassy of Croatia
- The Center of the Azerbaijani Language and Culture at Sofia University