Join our Creating Opportunity campaign by taking on the challenge of developing your English skills and then using them to make a difference. British Council is committed to valuing equality, diversity and inclusion. That is why we would like to give students with disabilities the opportunity to take our world-class English lessons at our Teaching Centre in Sofia.
British Council Bulgaria will cover the fees for two students who are willing join our regular classes. In order to successfully gain a place you will need to convincingly explain how developing your English skills would help you achieve a personal or professional goal, or how this development would create more opportunities for other disabled people.
To be eligible for this award you need to:
- be a Bulgarian university student with a disability of any kind
- have a minimum A1 level of English, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- be willing and ready to study in a group with the rest of the students in one of our regular classes.
If you are interested in applying please fill in the entry form, which you can download from the link below, and submit it by 29 May. You are free to choose which language, English or Bulgarian, to use. Please send the completed entry form to email@example.com. You can also send us an audio or a video file containing a recording of your entry form instead of the text document, if this is more convenient for you.
The selection process is based on your personal statement in the entry form. The statement must be from 300 to 500 words and should demonstrate your understanding of how such a course would benefit your professional/ educational interests and/or whether this would enable you to help other people with disabilities.
The selection panel consists of:
- Christopher Holmes, Head of Teaching Centre, British Council
- Krassimira Tantcheva, Project Manager, British Council
- Sofiya Kalinova, Intern, British Embassy
The selected candidates can choose when to enrol in the course from one of the following three options – in July, August or September.