Terms and conditions for taking part in the international conference “Assessment Literacy – 80 Years of Reliable English Testing for a Global World”
I. Organiser and rules
The organiser of the event “Assessment Literacy – 80 Years of Reliable English Testing for a Global World” international conference is British Council in Bulgaria, address:7 Krakra Street, Sofia 1504, Bulgaria. Contact telephone number: 02 9424344. Website: www.britishcouncil.bg.
II. Duration and scope
The conference will take place on 12 November 2019 from 09:00 to 19:30 in Hilton Sofia hotel, 1, Bulgaria Blvd., Sofia 1421, Bulgaria.
III. Participation rules
Participation in the event is by invitation only. Each invited person can confirm their participation by registering online on the event website.
VII. Terms of personal data processing
1. British Council in Bulgaria, as the organiser of the event, processes the personal data of all participants in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and these terms of personal data processing.
2. By registering for the event, the participants give voluntarily their explicit consent to provide the organiser with their personal data to be used for the event, in accordance with GDPR.
3. The organiser guarantees that the personal data of the participants will not be used for any other purposes, apart from those specified in these terms.
4. The organiser will not disclose participants’ personal data to third parties, with the exception of the cases admissible according to GDPR.
5. The organiser is obliged to process the participants’ personal data for a period no longer than the necessary for the purpose of the event.
6. The organiser guarantees that all the necessary technical and organisational measures for the protection of the personal data of the participants have been implemented.
7. In accordance with GDPR, each participant is entitled to:
7.1 access their personal data. Access is granted after a written request to the organiser is submitted;
7. 2 exercise other rights under GDPR.
8. In order to exercise their rights in accordance with points 7.1 and 7.2, the participant has to submit a written request to the Country Director of the British Council in Bulgaria, 7 Krakra Street, Sofia 1504, Bulgaria (contact number: 02 9424344, www.britishcouncil.bg), which must include the full name and address (including e-mail address) of the participant, any other relevant data for identifying the participant, description of the request and the preferred method of data provision. The request has to be signed, dated and must include an address for correspondence. The request has to be made personally by the individual or by another individual who is specifically authorised by a notarised letter of authorisation. The organiser will examine the request and will respond to it no later than 14 days after its submission date.