Registering for a course at the British Council is easy
To help you choose the right course for your child, you and your child will need to attend an online consultation. If your child is studying with us at the moment, you don't need to book a consultation and an online check – contact us for further information.
Children aged 12+ will also have to do an online placement test so we can check their level of English.
The placement test is not necesary for children up to 11 years old and for all who have taken such a test with us in the past six months. If your child is aged 4 to 11, please follow steps 1, 3 and 4 below (skip step 2).
STEP 1 – BOOK AN ONLINE CONSULTATION
- Book your consultation on our website and choose a suitable time and date. Please note that both you and your child need to attend the consultation. Children aged 4 and 5 do not have to attend the consultation.
- The consultation is free of charge.
STEP 2 – Your child should COMPLETE A SHORT ONLINE LEVEL CHECK
(only for Secondary students aged 12 to 17)
- Once you have booked a consultation, you will receive an email with a link to our online level test which should be completed by your child.
- The online level test is free of charge.
- The online level test consists of 130 questions for which you will need a maximum of 45 minutes. It must be completed in one sitting, at least 24 hours before the consultation.
- The results of the online level check will be discussed with you and your child during the consultation.
STEP 3 – ATTEND YOUR ONLINE CONSULTATION
- You don't need to provide any documentation when attending the consultation.
- The consultation will consist of an interview with a teacher and a short conversation with one of our customer services advisors who will go through the results of the online level check and find the right course for your child.
- The consultation will be held online via Zoom and will take about 20 minutes. You will receive a link to the Zoom meeting in your Booking confirmation. For further details about using Zoom, please download and read the 'Guide for online consultations' at the bottom of this page.
STEP 4 – REGISTRATION
- After the consultation, we will email you a registration form and information about how to pay the course fee.
- You must be 18 years old to be able to pay and register a child on a course with us.
If you need support with booking your consultation, please contact our Customer Services Centre.
We accept payments by bank transfer to:
Британски съвет - клон България
Bank: Citibank Europe, Bulgaria branch
Bank code: CITIBGSF
IBAN: BG07 CITI 9250 1051 0015 00
British Council will use the information that you are providing in connection with processing your registration. The legal basis for processing your information is agreement with our Terms and Conditions of registration (contract).
British Council complies with data protection law in the UK and laws in other countries that meet internationally accepted standards.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in that information. If you have concerns about how we have used your personal information, you also have the right to complain to a privacy regulator.
For detailed information, please refer to the privacy section of our website or contact your local British Council office. We will keep your information for a period of 7 years from the time of collection.