Please read our terms and conditions before registering for a course.
Teaching centre terms and conditions
Equal opportunities and diversity
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and diversity.
We will do our best to accommodate any special needs relating to gender, religion, disability and any other diversity issues.
Child protection policy/Obligations for parents or legal guardians
British Council recognises that we have a fundamental duty of care towards all of the children we engage with, including a duty to protect them from abuse. We achieve this through compliance with UK child protection laws and relevant laws in each of the countries we operate in, as well as by adherence to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) 1989.
In line with our Child Protection Policy, we will:
- look after your child from the start of the lesson until the end
- enforce our Collection Policy for Early Years and Primary age groups so that your child can only be collected by you or an appointed guardian
- speak to you if your child has been hurt during the lesson.
We would like to ask you to:
- bring and collect your child on time (Early Years and Primary)
- let us know if your child will be absent for more than one lesson.
Registration and course conditions
The maximum number of students in a class is 12 to 14, depending on the course. Places are available on a first come, first served basis so we cannot guarantee a place on a course.
We reserve the right to close a class before the start date if fewer than six students are registered. If this happens, we will offer you a place in another class at the same level or give you a full refund.
Refunds and credit policy
If you make a refund request before the advertised start date of your course, we will give you a full refund or credit.
If you ask for a refund in the first half of your course (or in the first two days of an intensive Summer course), we will give you a partial refund or partial credit. This means we will keep BGN 80 as an administration charge plus the fee for any past lessons.
We do not give refunds or credits in the second half of a course.
The British Council will make the repayment without undue delay, and no later than 14 days after approval of the refund.
Data Protection Notice
Under the terms of the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act, 1998, the British Council is required by law to manage any personal information you give to us about yourself or your child securely and only for the purposes we have specified.
For the information you will provide, these are as follows: to maintain academic and educational records on our students; to maintain accurate financial records; to be able to cater for any special needs our students may have; to provide academic records for our students' sponsors, where applicable.
We carry out teaching activities which may include:
- using personal data (student image and voice) during the real time broadcasting of online classes through the British Council learning hub;
- using student audio or video recordings as academic support;
- connecting with British Council students from other countries, sharing their work and class recordings to learn about other cultures;
- using our third-party digital portfolio Seesaw, for teacher, student and parent engagement, sharing among them students’ work e.g. worksheets, photographs, drawings, videos and voice recordings
- use of the learning hub;
Personal data collected and shared through and for the purpose of the learning activities described above will only be retained as long as necessary, for the purposes it was collected and for the duration of your relationship with us.
Our lawful basis for all course-related administrative and teaching activities is the performance of a contract for the provision of our services.