Please read our terms and conditions before registering for a course.
Teaching centre terms and conditions
Equal opportunities and diversity
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and diversity.
We will do our best to accommodate any special needs relating to gender, religion, disability and any other diversity issues.
Child protection policy/Obligations for parents or legal guardians
British Council recognises that we have a fundamental duty of care towards all of the children we engage with, including a duty to protect them from abuse. We achieve this through compliance with UK child protection laws and relevant laws in each of the countries we operate in, as well as by adherence to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) 1989.
In line with our Child Protection Policy, we will:
- look after your child from the start of the lesson until the end
- enforce our Collection Policy for Early Years and Primary age groups so that your child can only be collected by you or an appointed guardian
- speak to you if your child has been hurt during the lesson.
We would like to ask you to:
- bring and collect your child on time (Early Years and Primary)
- let us know if your child will be absent for more than one lesson.
Registration and course conditions
The British Council reserves the right to cancel a course if there are insufficient students registered by the end of the first week at the latest. In this case we will offer an alternative place or refund the full course fee.
Places are limited. Registration is done on a first come first served basis.
Refunds and credit policy
If you wish to withdraw your child from a course due to altered circumstances, the following rules will be applied:
- If you inform the Teaching Centre Operations team in writing, 24 hours before the first lesson, we will refund the full course fee minus an administration fee of 80 leva.
- If you inform the Teaching Centre Operations team in writing during the first 4 weeks* of term, you will receive a credit or refund of the fee paid, less the cost of lessons taught and the administration fee
- Credits and refunds are not permitted after the end of the fourth week of the term.
*For the summer intensive courses you need to inform the Teaching Centre Operations team during the first three days of the term.
Data Protection Notice
Under the terms of the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act, 1998, the British Council is required by law to manage any personal information you give to us about yourself or your child securely and only for the purposes we have specified.
For the information you will provide, these are as follows: to maintain academic and educational records on our students; to maintain accurate financial records; to be able to cater for any special needs our students may have; to provide academic records for our students' sponsors, where applicable.