Future News Worldwide is a unique partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world's leading media organisations. It aims to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills
The programme centres around a two-day annual conference which will take place at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh, on 5 and 6 July 2018. The conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the world the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders.
What are the costs?
The conference is fully funded, with the British Council covering the following costs for successful delegates:
- Conference costs
- Travel to and from Edinburgh
- Meals and accommodation.
Who can apply?
The competition is open to individuals of any nationality who meet all the criteria below:
- aged 18-25 on 1 July 2018
- a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution
- a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent
- not have participated in a previous iteration of Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide
- dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2 – 8 July 2018.
How to apply
Applications close: 23.59 GMT on 28 February 2018
All applicants must complete an online application form. The form is composed of contact details and eligibility questions, followed by two questions designed to test your journalistic skills and interests. Visit the global website of the programme to learn more and submit your application.