Please note: This is the policy for IELTS (Academic and General Training), you can find the UKVI cancellation and refund policy here.
Cancelling your IELTS test
- If you cancel your booking before the registration deadline for the chosen test date, you will receive a full refund of the test fee.
- The registration deadline for each IELTS on paper test date available in 2022 is listed in the IELTS Test Dates - Deadline for Registration document at the bottom of this webpage. Please download the document and familiarise yourself with the registration deadline for your test date.
- The registration deadline for IELTS on computer is seven days before the test date or until the test session is fully booked.
- If you are taken ill on the fixed test date you will receive a partial refund minus an administrative charge of 126 BGN.
Requesting a test day transfer
- If you need to change the date of your test from the date you originally booked, you can request a test day transfer free of charge, if the request is received before the registration deadline. If your application is approved, you must select a test date within the next three-month period and this will be approved by the Administrator depending on availability for the selected test date. There may be limited availability for test dates in the first five-week period.
- If you are taken ill on the fixed test date and you would like to be transferred to another test date, you will have to pay an additional administrative charge of 126 BGN. Please note that the requested transfer date should be no more than 3 months away. If you wish to transfer to a test date more than 3 months away you should apply for a refund and then register again.
- If you need to change the date of your Speaking test slot (request should be submitted 7 days before or after the test date), you will have to pay an additional administrative charge of 95 BGN.
To cancel your test date or request a test day transfer, please complete the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form below and send it via post/courier to British Council, 7 Krakra Street, Sofia 1504 or scanned by email (please make sure to sign the form).
If you are cancelling or transferring your IELTS test date due to medical reasons, you must provide supporting medical documents within 5 days of the test date, as outlined in the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form below.
Please note that we do not accept sick notes issued by family members.