The British Council in Bulgaria offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|Test type||2020 Fee
|IELTS Academic and General Training paper-based test||417||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training computer-delivered test||417||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
(Academic and General Training)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||335||Book now|
To book your test, you need to:
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Decide which version of the test is right for you. There are two versions of the IELTS test:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3. Follow the links above to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability. To make sure you get a place, you should register before the registration deadline for your chosen test date.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day.
4. Make sure you have a form of valid ID − passport or national ID card at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
5. Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either online or via bank transfer to British Council - branch Bulgaria, Citibank, IBAN (BGN) BG77 CITI 9250 1051 0015 01. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS/ family name / city/ test date].
6. Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com
Complete your registration
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive an Application Summary by email. To complete your registration, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Scanned copy of your identification document – National ID card or passport (only if you have not already uploaded it on the online registration system);
- Scanned copy of the bank transfer document (only if you paid by bank transfer, not online);
- A completed Consent form (only if you are under 18 years old).
If you are over 18 years old, have uploaded your ID card on the online registration system and have paid by card online, there is no need to send us an email.
After you register
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
We will then send you a confirmation email at least one week before your first the test date giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.