The health of our test takers and staff is our priority. Before we open any test centre:
- We ensure that we are following all local government safety guidelines as well as those of the British Council.
- We brief our test centre staff so they are up to date on what to do and how to prepare for the arrival of test takers.
We have put the following measures in place to make our test centres as safe as possible:
- Test venues will be cleaned thoroughly prior to each test session.
- In the case of computer-delivered tests all equipment will be sanitised prior to each session.
- Our staff will be wearing masks.
- You will be required to wear a mask in all common areas and maintain a two-metre physical distance at all times.
- If you would like to, you may also wear latex gloves although this is not required.
- We will provide sanitisers throughout the test venue and we ask that all test takers use them regularly or wash their hands to help ensure a safe environment.
- We will not provide pens or pencils to test takers who will be asked to bring their own stationery on the test day.
All test takers and test day staff are required to wear masks in the common areas of the test venue. Even if local government regulations do not require it, we have decided to make mask wearing mandatory in the common areas to ensure a safer test environment. Once test takers are seated in the test room, they will be allowed to remove their masks for the duration of the test.
Limit on the number of candidates
All our test venues have limits on numbers of candidates that can be seated there. This depends on local government regulations and the size of the venue. As we are maintaining physical distancing at all test venues, we will be able to accommodate fewer candidates than before Covid-19.
Availability of masks, disinfecting hand gel and gloves
We will have hand sanitisers located at different points at the test venue. We will also ensure that there is liquid soap in the bathrooms so that test takers can wash their hands.
We will not be providing masks, but test takers will be required to bring their own on the test day.
We will not be providing latex gloves. You can bring your own but they are not mandatory.