Customer Service Assistant
This is a full-time position in our integrated Customer Services team in Sofia.
|Salary||Local grade J (starting salary 1150 BGN per month)|
|Working hours||The post requires some work at weekends and evenings.|
|Closing date||14 юли 2019, неделя|
The post holder will deliver high quality services to internal and external customers in compliance with British Council’s corporate standards and procedures.
We are looking for a strong team player who is customer service oriented, flexible and with good IT skills. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, be a very good speaker of English and able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Context and environment
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries, bringing international opportunity to life, every day.
Our Customer Services team is the first point of contact for all customers in the areas which shape British Council’s work in Bulgaria – English courses, UK exams, document verification services, events and projects in Education, Society and the Arts.
- Respond to face-to-face, telephone and email enquiries in a professional, helpful, timely, efficient and effective manner, in line with corporate standards, policies and procedures.
- Be informed of and actively promote the products, activities and services of all departments.
- Register customers, collect and process fees for Teaching Centre, Examinations Services and document verification services
- Redirect customer enquiries to appropriate departments when they cannot be dealt with by the Customer Service team.
- Record statistical and other relevant data for all enquiries and ensure that they are responded to in line with corporate standards.
- Full time, permanent contract with a 6-month probation period
- Monthly salary of 1,150 BGN gross (1,300 BGN gross after successful completion of the 6-month probation period) plus 0.6% statutory additional payment for years of service in a similar job
- Annual salary increase based on the British Council’s performance-related pay system
- Guaranteed 13th salary, equal to the full amount of one monthly salary for a full year of service (or proportionate amount for less than 1 full year of service), and paid in November
- Full-time working hours per week, of which 36 office hours and 4 hours for travel to work (recognised in total as standard full-time working hours as per Bulgarian Labour Code)
- 23 days of annual leave + 12 non-working days for public holidays + 6 days of leave annually for medical reasons (unsupported by a medical certificate)
- Health insurance, covering a number of expenses (such as medical examinations, prescribed medicines and hospital stay), for you and your immediate family members
- Regular on-the-job plus dedicated training opportunities
- Special conditions for British Council language courses and exams for you and immediate family members
- Opportunity to benefit from British Council’s Professional Development scheme to partially cover study costs
- Terminal Gratuities – upon termination of employment all British Council employees in Bulgaria are entitled to a Terminal Gratuity payment of 1 salary for every year of service.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online via the British Council Jobs Portal. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 14 July 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you have any questions about the working conditions and the requirements of the job please write to Teodora Vezenkova, Education Services Coordinator, at Teodora.Vezenkova@britishcouncil.bg
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC; 1989.